.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

This is supposed to be an exceptional weekend

Yep, that's what all my friends and acquaintances from Gainesville (think Univ of Fla) have been on about all damn week. Something about a football game. They do seem to get very excitable in these parts during football season. They can get positively manic when the Gators are winning. Oh well, I guess it takes their mind of the economy, etc.

Frankly, it means much less to me. I went to Florida State. And I eventually grew up.

Anyway...Good Luck, Gators!!

UPDATE (12/7/08)

As you may have heard, the GATORS won...big! My friends are going to be intolerable for the next few weeks, but at least it's not as bad as if they had lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home