.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

And now, for something completely different...Again

In honor of Thanksgiving, I'm still giving politics a rest.

Since I live in the Ocala/Marion County area of Florida, I occasionally write about local celebrities. For example, John Travolta's contributions as a good citizen, as well as Mel Tillis and Bobby Goldboro.

Well, most of you remember The Royal Guardsmen, of "Snoopy vs the Red Baron" fame. (Check this one out too.) What you probably don't know is that they were an Ocala group and one member still lives here.

I found an interesting YouTube video that showcases their musical talents on other than the Snoopy novelty songs. My friend had this album. Good to listen to again.

(Also here's another non-Snoopy song.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home