.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Friday, November 21, 2008

How about a song?

I'm in the mood for something by David Bowie.

This cut - Sorrow - was from the Pin Ups album which was Bowie covering songs by others. I became a fan of his as soon as I heard this song, way, way back in the day.

And I am straight, damn it!

I loved the opening line: "With your long blond hair and your eyes of blue." And a couple of years later I met Mrs. Right who had-you guessed it-long blond hair and blue eyes.

I played the song for her shortly after we married...and she had a problem with the second line: "The only thing I ever got from you---was sorrow."

That's where the similarities ended.

***************

Oh, what the hell...here's a cut from the same album called See Emily Play. You don't hear that anymore. (Here's the original by Pink Floyd.)

***************

One more...Where Have All The Good Times Gone. (Here's the original by The Kinks)

****************

Damn...there was such good music back in the long ago.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pat Austin Becker said...

LOVE The Kinks!
LOVE the Yardbirds, too.
You're right about the music back "in the day." Good times.

11/22/2008 1:40 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

I agree with you, Pat. I'm 57, so I was really there at the beginning of rock. Frankly, given much of the popular music over past 4-10 years, I sometimes think I'm at the end of rock. But then again, I'm an old fart.

11/22/2008 5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home