.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, December 06, 2008

Be careful what you ask for...in Marion

First, I'd like to say that this is an aberration for Marion County. But I might be lying to you.

I'm hesitant to even post this. It plays into a stereotype that we Southerners are kinda "white trashy" but I found this interesting...sad, yes...but kinda funny. Maybe it's me.

SILVER SPRINGS - After a day of arguing, witnesses said Janice Lou Benton's 51-year-old male house guest urged her to "go ahead and kill him."

He told the 67-year-old woman to get her rifle, cock it and pull the trigger. So she did, according to reports.

Benton then put the rifle back in its rack and returned to stand over the dead body of Ricky O'Conn or "in disbelief."

The bizarre tale is the account Benton and her son gave to a Marion County sheriff's detective investigating the death at 255 N.E. 118th Ave. Road in the Ocala National Forest.

Benton was arrested on a charge of second-degree murder.

She told Detective Rhonda Stroup that she met O'Connor about two weeks ago at The Pub Bar in Ocala. He had recently gotten out of the Marion County Jail.

Benton brought him home.

He wanted a sexual relationship, she said, but she wasn't interested. On Nov. 26, some friends came over, and another man spent the night with her. O'Connor didn't like that and made rude remarks about it.

***********

Go ahead-read the linked article. You know you want to.

Then pray that you don't have such people in your family. I'd like to do the same...but I can't. I know I have a few in mine.

By the way, this is the femme fatale in question.

Janice Lou Benton

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home