.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm an accountant....and I'm sorry (Update #3)

Okay, last post then I get off this hobby horse.

The American Spectator
has five articles on "Mark to Market Watch" that explain the impact of this issue.

You can find them here, here, here, here and here. If you read nothing else, see part 3 here on "Rules Have Consequences."

They are short, very clear and show just what a negative difference has been made by this accounting rule.

But they also show what the positive results that can be obtained IF this atrocity is soon removed.

But I don't think it'll be soon enough.

Update (12/16/08)

The reason why I'm so pessimistic? Check out this article in the WSJ: FASB Studies Expanding 'Mark' Rules. Expand!! Hell, in gambling that would be called doubling down. When did accountants become so into gambling? (Okay, now I'm off this hobby horse.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct partner utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://epobemotob.freecities.com/xuwypyw.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

12/15/2009 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home