.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

What I like about vacations (and don't like)

I like the idea of vacations. They always sound so great when others take them. Vacations also seems terrific when I visualize them in my mind. Mmmm. Days alone with Mrs. Right. We've been married over 31 years and I still prefer to be around her all the time. She says I have a sickness. Probably true, but wanting to be with her is not a symptom.

What's to hate about a vacation? Well, for the 31 years of our marriage I always have last minute work plans. This used to piss her off. Maybe still does, but she's much better at not vocalizing her displeasure. But she has this look that says...idiot, of course you don't have to work! Anyway, I was going to take off March 31st through April 7th. And I'm been running true to form. I worked on the 31st and I work 2 days next week (at least).

It's not that I'm important or, for that matter, the job is important. I just can't seem to put it all together to take off all vacations days that I schedule. And I have a computer in my home office and I carry my Blackberry all the time to stay on top of my office emails. The Crackberry has a cell phone and I have my office phone forwarded to it. So I'm essentially taking the office with me on vacation and STILL always seem to have to go into the office. Mrs. Right is correct that I have a sickness, it's just not the one she thinks it is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home