.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Oh, and by the way...

I am not a bigoted white man who hates Muslims. Got to get this in because of the previous 'Religion of Peace #7' post concerning Tom Fox. A poster had a thoughtful comment on #6 of the series in response to my rant: "Is not connecting all muslims with muslim extremists a wee bit like characterizing all white folk as KKK members? Do you even know any muslims?"

To which I responded: "You mean all white folks ain't KKK. Then why did I kill so many of them? What the hell was I thinking. But here's the deal, when the KKK tries to kill a black man, I'll yell that the KKK bastards should be tried and fried. And if they happen to be killed before trial, well, these things happen. See, it's easy. White guy = maybe okay. KKK scum = bad. Muslim guy = maybe okay. Muslim murderers = bad. It's really quite simple. You do, however, have to connect the dots. But thanks for the comment."

And I really did appreciate the comment. Then of course I did the obligatory 'but some of my best friends are...' type of reply: "Oh, yeah, I have known personally far more muslims (school and work)than I have KKK guys (2). Liked some of the muslims; didn't like any of the KKK. I've attended 2 rallies against the KKK when they were having their half-assed rallies in Orlando. Also, I know a lot of non-muslim arabs, africans, asians, south americans and a lot of white folks that weren't KKK (imagine that). Have gotten along well with them all, except the ones that may have wanted to kill me. That's my criterion-not skin color or religion."

So before I get the same criticism for #7, let me just state the following: See above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home