.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Thoughts on the Libertarian Party

Cruised by an interesting blog this morning called Hillbilly White Trash. He has a post called Why the Libertarians don't matter which states some of the feelings I've had about the Libertarian Party.

I'm a registered Republican, and I consider myself a conservative, though some people I know think I'm not true enough because of my positions on abortion and the drug war and others think I'm a raging right wing extremist. I sometimes consider myself a (small 'l') libertarian but frankly there is little difference than being a conservative these days.

The Libertarian Party has always bothered me because they claim to be different from the Democrat and Republican parties, but mostly they try to split the difference between the two parties. It's obvious, however, that most Libertarian principles are closer to Republican. And frankly the only real difference seems to be just pro-legalization of drugs. A defensible position, perhaps, but not much of a basis to set up a separate party.

And it would be better if they would win a couple more congressional seats before running candidates for president since they only take votes from Republicans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home