.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

John Travolta, typical Marion County resident

Well, that's what the Ocala Star-Banner website article would have you to believe.

Perhaps that helps explain why Ocala and Travolta are such a perfect fit. "He likes it here because he has a chance to live a regular life and be a regular guy, even though he is John Travolta," Leeward said. "A lot of actors, they're tough to deal with, and they don't want to be around people. Not John. He likes to hang out in Ocala and just be himself."I think he likes it here because people in Ocala let him do that. They don't bother him. Sure, they might ask for autographs but they don't look at him as a celebrity, but one of us. John likes that."

Actually, although I've not seen him around, I know others who have. And all said he seemed to be a good and normal guy, as were his kids. I do know he created quite a stir where I work when he came to conduct some business. My staff and I were out of the office and I don't think the two young women have quite forgiven me. Our co-workers who were there praised just how much a friendly, regular guy he seemed.

I believe them. So even though I know he's marginally nutty, what with Scientology and all, I would like to meet him. Maybe just to ignore him. I'm sure that, being just a regular resident, he would appreciate it. I do find it interesting that nowhere in this article is Scientology mentioned. After all, that's the religion of 'regular Joes' isn't it?