.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

A vacation trip I'll take soon

Mrs. Right has been pushing for a 3 week driving vacation for some time. In fact, we were supposed to have done that last November, but I bailed because of...work. And because I'm an ass.

Anyway, part of that trip will be to Hershey PA. (The rest mostly involves New York-city and state.) Mrs. Right has wanted to visit there for as long as I've known her. She loves chocolate and she thinks Hershey's is very underappreciated. She's German, but thinks American milk chocolate is very good, especially Hershey's.

Anyway (again), I just cruised by Gay Patriot and this is what I saw. Just had to blog about it.

And, yes, I promised we would do this vacation thing again this year. I wonder what the chances are that it'll really happen?

UPDATE

Thanks, Doyle, for the vacation tip.

4 Comments:

Blogger doyle said...

While you're in New York if you go out to Long Island, try to get by the Old Bethpage Restoration. Unlike everything else up there it's not expensive. (Admission was $6 the last time I was there a few years back.)

It's a trip back into Long Island's history circa 1860.
Depending on the season and schedule and if you like baseball, they have the 1880s version.

If you decide to go a word of advice: Wear comfortable shoes.

4/05/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Thanks, Doyle! I'll keep that in mind.

My wife is from New York and all my in-laws are from there and/or Germany. I've been to the city and part of Long Island and a little of upstate. Enjoyed it all but I would like to see more of Long Island. Much appreciated.

4/05/2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger doyle said...

If I recall correctly (make sure because I'm not sure I do) it's about five minutes off Exit 46 of the Long Island Expressway. Forty minutes (??) outside of The City, yet a world apart.

4/14/2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

I do appreciate the follow up information, Doyle. Mrs. Right and I discussed our trip over dinner yesterday. Looks like we're going to do it later this year.

4/15/2006 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home