.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Happy (day after) Tax Filing Day

It is as far as I'm concerned.

Yesterday I took a vacation day, as promised, and had a great time with Mrs. Right. Had a late breakfast, then we went 'banking' to complete our IRA maximum contributions. Why, because I like to be sure that I've deposited the money before I file our taxes. I know I don't have to, but it's a thing with me.

Then Mrs. Right and I went to a little cafe on the downtown square for an early dinner. It's the only place in town that advertises prime beef. So of course we had to try it even though it was the most expensive item on the menu. It was...okay...but we've had better and guess we'll have to drive some distance when we want have a prime filet mignon, etc. We love Ruth's Chris and Morton's, but don't feel like driving to Orlando when we're in the mood.

Then we went home, and I completed filing our taxes on-line. We're getting a couple of hundred bucks back, which is how I like to plan our taxes. Owe a bit or get a bit back.

Yes, many would consider this a boring day, but we like it. We've had a number of exciting days and events in our 32 years together. But exciting can get old after a time, don't you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home