.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

An Anniversary, Kinda

Well, I can't let that last post be my only thought for today.

On this day (well, actually yesterday, but don't quibble) in 1974 I met Mrs. Right for the first time. Oh, she screened me by telephone 2 nights before because my reputation preceded me. We shared a mutual friend who, it turned out, was trying to get into her pants. But that's another story.

Anyway, I asked her to marry me about 3 months after. Of course she refused. She wasn't an idiot. But I perservered and she finally agreed. So five months after we spoke by phone, we were married. It's now 32 years, and yes I know how lucky I am. (She tells me often.) Oh yeah, that mutual friend? He was my best man.

Happy anniversary (kinda) Mrs. Right! I love you.

And thank you.

Update (3/06/06)
Got a nice 'congrats' from Donnah of Florida Cracker. Shucks, ma'am, I just a lucky kinda guy.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Donnah

3/05/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Thanks, Donnah! I know I'm a lucky man. And thank you for maintaining a great blog at Florida Cracker.

3/06/2006 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home