.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Today's an anniversary...of sorts

It was 33 years ago that I met my wife...by telephone.

You see, she had heard a bit about me from a friend and she just wasn't too sure if she wanted to know me. So she told the friend that I should call her.

I did. We spent over 2 hours on the phone. I had never spent that much time talking before. I knew I was being 'interviewed' but it was enjoyable.

She was (and is) special and I fell in love with her then.

I passed the interview and we made a date to meet on March 1st. She didn't really know what I looked like. (Later she said I looked like an escapee from a concentration comp. She could see every rib through my shirt. I was 22 and had not really taken care of myself, but I thought I looked good.) Our date may the subject of another post.

We were married 5 months later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home