.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

I don't know exactly how I feel about this

A conundrum:

Lower real estate taxes or higher sales taxes?

Somehow I'm not sure there's a real choice here.

I'm all for having everyone pay some taxes. We've (nearly) reached a point in this nation where 50+% of the voters don't pay taxes and have no problems voting entitlements for themselves. Is the best way to correct this?

I don't know.

But I'm getting damned tired of all the retirees bitching about paying real estate taxes since they are on "fixed incomes" and I guess they should be pitied. So their solution is to have everyone pay for them. Well, under this method, they'll pay the same as everyone else.

In order to make up for the loss of the property taxes on homes, the House would give Florida the highest state sales tax rate in the country - 8.5 percent, up from the current 6 percent.

Well, at least we would feel real special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home