.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'm Against the (Rev ?) Fred Phelps

Okay, it's my turn to take my own advice I give Muslims.

Since I'm often mistaken for a Christian (you know-white, male, southern, conservative, etc.) let me take this opportunity to say: "Fred Phelps and the scum who support him are not true Christians and do not represent me in any way! Burn in Hell, all of you!"

The above link from GayandRight and reports on a protest of a military funeral by these scum.

"The first sin was being a part of this military. If this young man had a clue and any fear of God, he would have run, and not walked, from this military," said protester Shirley Phelps-Roper. "Who would serve a nation that is godless and has flipped off, defiantly defied, defiantly flipped off, the Lord their God?" One protester had an American flag tied to his belt that draped to the ground. He was holding a sign that read, "Thank God For IEDs," which are explosive devices used by insurgents to blow up military convoys. Protesters said America has ignored the word of God, and those who defend the nation must pay a price.

Many gay bloggers have had problems with the (Reverend?) Phelps because he is very anti-gay. He is also a fringe figure that can easily be ignored by most people. But the man is wrong and he and his supporters are potentially dangerous and must be called for what they are-UnChristians. So please go away, drink some Kool-Aid and await the second coming. I think you bastards will be very surprised about your "reward."