.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Armed Forces in Iraq-Bless 'em All (and the ones left behind)

The linked AP story is about a Florida Marine killed in Iraq, one of so many that have died over the past few days. I have no comments on this because the deaths are cause for sadness. Except they aren't a tragedy since I believe the cause they died for is just.

But even that's not my point.

I work with a young married woman whose husband is in Iraq. He's a Marine in the active reserves who was called up in March. I listen to her trying to be so brave after hearing such news of death and injury. She jumps when her cell phone rings, because it could be bad news. Her husband believes in the mission and so does she. But she's the one who can't sleep for the worry. Bless her, and him, and all who serve. And all who wait for the ones who serve.