.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Hmmm, Where to Start?

Let's do something Florida related. What about the Space Shuttle? Did you see it take off? It was such a great Florida day and, God, it did look so beautiful! Yet even today I think about the Challenger, which I was watching on television when it was destroyed. I thought that tragedy couldn't be equaled...then came the Columbia horror. So, then? So after 2 years of preparation, re-think, planning, etc., what happens? The damn foam still breaks off and is still a danger to future missions. What the hell?!

Well, how about something mundane? I've spent the last several days working on a project that must be completed this weekend. So here I am at home working on it (revision #12...I think), but I felt the need to blog something. This project kept Mrs. Right and I from having a special anniversary...what? Who am I kidding? We've been married so long that she knows I don't do special very well. And this is hardly the first time work has taken precedence over our life. She's gotten very used to it. Frankly, if I did think of something, she would be very suspicious. Here's a hint, guys. Never change your patterns and habits. It could look like you're covering up something. Heck, if she's stayed with you for more than a year, she's probably a very accepting person anyway. (Okay, now I'm rambling.)

I'm listening to the radio right now. Classic rock and "oldies" of course. I came up in the '60s and believed in sex, drugs and rock n' roll . And I heard a lot of good music. But around the '90s I grew tired of the crap you had to listen to in order to find something worthwhile (and of course I blame it on Bill Clinton). Yeah, I know I'm an old fart. Even though now my drugs are prescription for high blood pressure (and I'm not going to get into the 'sex'), I still know good music. It's a shame however that most of the really innovative music was in the 60s and 70s (and I'll even count disco, but only 1974/75, when it was mostly soul/funk-still good rhythm, but with lousy lyrics). Hell, I like lots of the 80s metal and folk but crashed on 90s urban/rap. Liked much of the Seattle grunge, until the groups began to act as if it was important or innovative. No, just variations on themes from previous decades. Maybe that's all there is? I hope not.

That's enough...back to work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

3/04/2007 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home