.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Monday, August 08, 2005

And the Florida Guardianship Award goes to....Michael Schiavo

Thanks to The Corner for reminding me of this story about the Florida State Guardianship Association honoring Michael Schiavo.

My first posts on this blog concerned the Terri Schiavo travesty. I believe in the right to die, but I felt (and still do) that this had become a conspiracy to allow a "husband" to murder his wife. And I was sure then, and still more so now, that Michael Schiavo was a "piece of crap."

According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel: "...Michael Schiavo was welcomed as a hero Friday by an organization whose members make end-of-life decisions for people unable to make them for themselves." AND "But, group members said, Michael Schiavo's commitment to honoring his wife's wishes in the face of public scrutiny and enmity embodied the professionalism and compassion with which court-appointed guardians quietly carry out their duties every day."

Okay, next I expect the Florida Medical Assn to honor Dr. Mengele. I mean, there was a man who embodied Nazi medical ethics and professionalism. Come to think, ol' Doc Mengele was an officially appointed guardian of his "patients" too. (Note to lefties: this is how you're supposed to apply a Nazi smear. You know, make it pertinent and connected.)