.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

TERRI SCHIAVO

Well, I am in Florida, and the Terri Schiavo saga is a Florida story that's become national. What do I think? I believe in the right to die...by your own hand or the assistance of another. If I were in the same condition, I would like the option of killing myself or having myself killed. However, Michael Schiavo is a piece of crap and I don't trust his statements about what Terri wants or wanted.

Look, this whole situation stinks. The only people I trust to do the right thing are her parents. They have always been her parents. Michael (the piece of crap) long since stopped being her husband and morally, but obviously not legally, forfeited his fiduciary responsibilities toward Terri. And it took him seven years before he remembered that Terri wouldn't want to live this way. Hmm, who to trust?

UPDATE (3/26/05)

I had a visitor who left a comment. I was surprised...this person was the first to make a comment and may have been the first person to ever visit my blog. Quite frankly these are written thoughts for myself. Haven't shown them to my wife, but I'm sure I've expressed them to her. There are so many blogs out there that I felt sure this would be more like a open "private" diary. The comment was a question on how do I know Michael Schiavo is a "piece of crap"? I was going to be flippant in my reply, but it is a fair question that I think I should address. If I do it will be today, so look above. If I don't, then I guess I don't have a good reason for knowing Michael is a piece of crap.

1 Comments:

Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Thank you for dropping by and for your comments. Well, questions actually. You may have a point.

3/26/2005 10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home