.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Christians and Me - we get along

Throughout this blog I insist that I'm not religious, but do consider myself a conservative. However, I have nothing against religious conviction (of the non-Islamist kind) and especially not against Christian believers. Christians don't scare me, but they make liberals, excuse me, "progressives" pee in their pants. Which is another reason to like Christians.

James Taranto (WSJ Best of the Web) says it perfectly (see above link from Tim Blair):

"I am not a Christian, or even a religious believer, and my opinions on social issues are decidedly middle-of-the-road. So why do I find myself rooting for the 'religious right'? I suppose it is because I am put off by self-righteousness, closed-mindedness, and contempt for democracy and pluralism--all of which characterize the opposition to the religious right."

Absolutely! As long as the leftist bigots hate Christians, I will always be pleased to hang around Christians. And get real, Christians built this country on Judeo-Christian principles and there has never been a theocracy here, even when virtually everyone considered themselves Christians. Since that is no longer true, you have to be a liar or a moral moron to believe that such a thing could happen today. UNLESS, of course, this nation get conquered by Islam, you know, that religion of peace.

I'll be attending a Baptist church this weekend with my Mom. I go to church with her no more than once a year. Yet I'm always greeted warmly. No one has attacked me or tried to forcefully convert me or tried to cut my head off. They may say a prayer for me, and frankly, I appreciate it because I think it's done with love. And to think such people scare pansy liberals. God help us when they return to power. They are too gutless to defend this nation. They prove it by their fear of Christians.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home