.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Some Day I'm Gonna....

Some day I'm gonna talk about Libertarians, both small 'l' and big 'L'. Like why they're cowardly because they don't take a solid stand. Like they want to say they aren't conservatives and they aren't liberals and therefore they are better or more honest. Libertarians seem almost as intellectually squishy as "moderates" or "independents." Face it, you're on the Right side. Deal honestly with it.

What do you really believe in? Stop standing in the middle; stand up and be counted. If it's more than drug liberalism (which I too believe in), then explain why you're different from a conservative. If it's keeping government out of your life, (hey, me too) most conservatives are on the same page.

What do you believe in? If you think too many conservatives are religious, so what. I call myself a conservative and I'm not religious. What the hell has that got to do with it anyway? Because, you may as well face it, liberals see no differences between libertarians and conservatives.

And if you say you're a member of the Libertarian Party, why? Tell you what, elect more of your party in local and state elections, before you think about a President. To vote Libertarian is to say your vote is useless.

No, on second thought, I don't think I'll talk about Libertarians. So pointless. Never mind.

(And some day I'm gonna talk about Florida's Whistle Blower Law. Maybe.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home