.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Friday, April 15, 2005

It's April 15th, and I'm feeling fine

Ahh, forget the previous post. It's April 15th, TAX DAY, and I feel very calm. No rushing to get to the post office to send in a return (with curses) or to file an extension (more curses). Taxes were filed weeks ago, on line. Even had a refund coming, which I've already received. It's the beginning of a weekend and income tax stresses are just funny stories of interest on the local news. Nope, Mrs. Right and I just had dinner and a wine cooler, and enjoying the great cool weather we've been having. You might remember, last week this time we had a tornado (even more curses). This is the way to spend Tax Day. Oh, did you get yours done on time?

2 Comments:

Blogger Mick said...

You speak a differnt language to us over there. I'm English but becoming more European than American. Your blog: it's funny in an ironic way. I think I like reading it. I think your tax return system is a mess though.

4/16/2005 8:03 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Thanks, black clock. Yes, it's meant to be ironic and angry, with occasional venom. How am I doing?

Agree with you about our tax system. It's been "simplified" a few times during my life, and it keeps getting screwed up each time. Sorry about you becoming more Euro than American, but please stay English rather than European.

Thanks for dropping by.

4/17/2005 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home