.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

The Pope is near death

I'm not a Catholic and don't even attend church. But I recognize that this Pope accomplished many important things, particularly during his early years. I don't know about religious matters, but I will always respect his work to free his native country of Poland and to help President Reagan and Prime Minister Thatcher cut the rotten legs from under Soviet communism. He seemed vital to the resurgence of the focus of his faith, especially in Latin America and South America. Let's face it, the Catholic faith is near death in "old" Europe, so there is little he could have done. I feel sad that Pope JPII will soon be dead, but I praise his life. His service to his religion will outlive him.

See Hugh Hewitt's blog (above link) for much better comments.

Update: The Pope did pass away today. I want to express my sympathy to my Catholic friends, as well as to so many others in the world. JPII made a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home