.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Dear Diary...

What am I doing now? Sitting at computer, reading other blogs and listening to internet radio. Classics from Southern Rock, like (just now) "Highway Song" by Blackfoot. And Lynyrd Skynyrd singing "I Know a Little" which is not on my top ten list of favorites from them, but still so much better than the dreck on Top Forty and urban stations. Yeah, I'm old, but have been fortunate to have heard so much good rock and roll since 1951. Also I've been around enough to know something is crap when I hear it. I was kind of heartened when music seemed to rebound in the 90s and it even seemed that melody and words would again be important. But sadly, the Clinton-era creep of crap continued and that brief resurgence of music died. But every ten years or so, something new happens and maybe 30 years from now the teens of today may look back and recall some great music. I hope so for them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home