.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Wow, a Day without Blogging! (Well, maybe more Schiavo)

And they say blogging can be addictive. Hah, I can quit any time I want. Well, at least for one day.

I spent a great day on Friday with my wife. We had personal business to attend, but also had time for fun just being together. We've been married for more than 30 years, and I still want to spend all my time with her. We are very close in personality and politics. I trust her with my life, my health, our money and the only times I've made huge mistakes were when I didn't listen to her or even consult her.

I say this because, yes, there is a Terri Schiavo connection. Some time soon I'll write about something else, but this instance touches so many of the issues I am interested in. My wife (who really is Ms. Right) has earned that trust by always being trustworthy. She doesn't lie to me and can hurt my feelings by being truthful, because being dishonest is more hurtful. If I were in the same physical condition as Terri, whatever my wife decided to do with me would be okay with me. If she decided I should be killed, even if I had the presence of mind to be aware of it and couldn't communicate that I didn't want to die, I would know in whatever may remain of my reasoning that she was doing what she thought was right and in my best interest. I would know that horror and pain she would be in making such a decision. I have also told most people with whom I'm close of my complete trust in her, as well as my view that a person's right to die is important to me. My mother knows this, hell, I've told almost complete strangers this, or something like this. There would therefore be many people who would be able to confirm my trust and wishes.

And it wouldn't take them 7 years to remember this. Yet, only Michael (and okay his brother and sister-in-law) know this. Close friends and nuclear family say otherwise. And only Michael has a monetary and personal interest in her death. He is husband in name only. Would people implicitly trust the word of husband going through messy divorce proceedings? Wouldn't at least some people think that his motives may be less than pure, maybe even selfish? So put me down as being very unsure that Michael is an angel pushed to the brink, yet still trying to do the right thing by his wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home