.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Today's Easter

Today is Easter. I'm not a church going person, but to other religions I would be considered a Christian...WASP actually. Even though I'm not religious, I do try to respect Christian religious holidays by keeping quiet as possible.

I say this because I'm surrounded by many other Christians in the neighborhood, some of whom commemorated Christ's death and resurrection by mowing their lawns before noon. I know we have had 2 days of rain storms that have made yard work impossible, but come on! I think on Christmas and Easter people could be a little more subtle and if they aren't Christians or particularly religious, they should feel uncomfortable dis-respecting the holiday of those who are. So even though my lawn really needs a good mow, I will hold off until another day. I don't expect any rewards in heaven, since I suspect there isn't one, but I do this for me, perhaps because of my respect for others. Well, except for those I really can't stand.

I've linked to a story about President Bush and Laura Bush attending an Easter service to honor our military. As the AP http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/bush (it's probably been moved by now) story states (excerpted):

President Bush attended an Easter service Sunday at Fort Hood where he offered prayers for peace and the well-being of American soldiers and their families.

For a third straight year, the president made the 50-mile helicopter flight from his ranch in Crawford to mark Christianity's highest holiday at the largest active-duty armored post in the military and a base that has contributed thousands of troops to the U.S. force in Iraq.

George Bush is a true Christian who lives his faith. He doesn't just clutch a bible for show like Bill Clinton, just before going to the office for a [sex act] from an intern...on EASTER! I am so proud to have a President who I can respect as a man, a husband, a human being, a person. And I am glad he has in Laura the kind of loving, caring and honest wife needed in such an obviously good marriage. That is so needed to uphold him in his position at this time of our history.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home