.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

"It's The Heat, My God, The Heat!"

You may remember that line from Seinfeld.  

Anyway,

Yeah, it's been hot this summer...and imagine that. If you listen to, and believe, everything you hear reported in the gullible media, you just know that this year is the HOTTEST EVER!!!! Run!!!!

But I trust a few of you know better and have actually been following weather trends and scare stories since Algore's 'Earth in the Lurch' book two decades ago. Such Junk Science has become the sacrament to true believers. (Personally I blame Captain Planet, but since he's a cartoon...wait a minute, I am talking about Algore.)


If so, you'd know that many things have changed in the past decades, particularly reporting methodology and technology and increased reporting stations, and reporting stations within heat islands. And don't forget the fraudulent reporting through the auspices of NASA. 

What shouldn't surprise me, but sometimes does, is that so many people don't know that satellite weather recording is a recent event. Man didn't get such satellites until the 1960s and they were not as sophisticated as now. 

Anyway, so maybe you will relate to the following excerpt from the linked article: 

"We've been hearing that 2012 has been the “hottest on record.” I had written earlier that those claims were based on the contiguous United States only, or 1.5% of the earth’s surface. The “global temperature” in 2012 through June was only the 10th hottest on record. In fact, every single month of 1998 was warmer than the corresponding month of 2012."
I know science generally can be wonderful and I believe scientific achievements will help us in a warming world. And of course ol' Gaia is warming and will continue until the next ice age. But corrupted science will not benefit us. Regardless, Science at its best is not an omniscient 'God' and scientists are not its infallible high priests.

So every time I hear a "scientific" horror story (can you say 'Alar'), I do try to find what is the range of scientific thought and then apply my knowledge, understanding and experience. This includes the questions related to who and what. Who are these people; who benefits from their finding; what is their track record; and WTH! I don't like being made a fool of, and worse, I don't like people to think I'm such a fool I'll believe any crap they shovel my way.   Case in point.  

Oh, and get ready for SARS...the sequel. Another horror story, so again RUN!!  
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/9567985/Five-in-Denmark-contract-SARS-linked-virus.html

My point..and really I do have one..is there is some serious crap going down in the world right now. 

And being sweaty or having the flu is not in the top 3 potential killers right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home