.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

This is too sad (Another Update)

It's been just over a year since I blogged about a tragedy that resulted in the death of 3 year old Ethan Skye Cook. And I was just too flip in a comment I made to visitor.

This was updated when I posted a response from Ethan's mother on 9/7/07.

And again when I posted a comment from Ethan's grandmother on 12/2/07.

I received another comment on 7/19/08 from G Michael Robinson who said:

As a deputy sheriff, I was the first emergency responder on the scene of this accident. Tomorrow is the one year anniversary. I'm sorry I missed an earlier opportunity to defend Ethan's mother, Cathi, when she responded to an earlier comment from someone about her leaving her child unattended. I never saw a more compassionate response from someone whose child was killed than I did when I saw Cathi walk up to the distraught driver and embrace her. She is my hero and her response was a source of strength for me. She has since granted me permission to share our story. I've seen how lives have been changed by it.

http://www.myhero.com/myhero/heroprint.asp?hero=C_Cook_2008_ul

G Michael Robinson

This tragic story is still so fresh for Ethan's family and friends. I wish them well.

And I suggest going to the above website. An excerpt:

The Florida Highway Patrol arrived to do the accident investigation. I spoke to the paramedic at the ambulance who shook his head and told me that the child wasn't going to make it. I observed one of the child's sandals lying in the street. I again saw the distraught driver standing by herself and crying. The mother came back out of the house. However, instead of going to the ambulance where her son was, she went to where the driver was standing and hugged her in an attempt to console her.

The child, Ethan, was pronounced dead at the hospital. It was his third birthday.

The mother, Cathi, spoke at her son’s funeral talking about her memories of him. Many tragedies like this that I’ve responded to bring out the worst in people. I saw the best come out of Cathi. Her response to her son's death was a source of strength to me and a silent testimony of compassion to everyone who was there.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

2/13/2010 5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home