.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Friday, February 08, 2008

Murder in The Villages-Justice Completed (Mostly) UPDATED

Well, it's final.

The two murderers were found guilty of the murder of Diana Miller and the attempted murder of her husband, James. This is as close to justice as we're going to get.

The jury did not convict the two on the charge of kidnapping the Miller's druggie waste of a daughter, Sheila. It must have been obvious to them that Sheila was not kidnapped, but was part of the plot. She may not have been intending harm to her parents, but she put them in harms way. But I agree with her dad, Jim. She knew and she's bears responsibility.

Since she wasn't on trial, but was instead a star prosecution witness, the jury could hardly convict her. But I bet they wanted to.

OCALA - A jury has convicted Renaldo McGirth, 19, of first-degree murder and other offenses in the slaying of Diana Miller in her Villages home during July 2006.McGirth now faces a possible death sentence.

His co-defendant Jarrord Roberts, 21, was found guilty of lesser charges. Both were acquitted on the charge of kidnapping Miller's daughter, Sheila Miller, 40.

The jury began deliberating at about 11:45 a.m. Thursday, continued into the evening and resumed delibrations Friday morning. A verdict was reached at about 4:30 p.m.

McGirth, Roberts and a third co-defendant, Theodore Houston, were accused of entering James and Diana Miller's home on July 21, 2006, fatally shooting Diana Miller, shooting and wounding James Miller, kidnapping Sheila Miller, and taking her on a multi-hour trip to automated teller machines, a Kmart store and a Gainesville shopping mall. The three men were captured following a high-speed chase that ended with the crash of the Miller family van.

McGirth was convicted of first-degree murder with a firearm, attempted first-degree murder with a firearm, robbery with a firearm, and felony fleeing or attempting to elude police.

Roberts was found guilty of manslaughter, attempted voluntary manslaughter, and robbery with a firearm but the jury pointed out that he did not possess the firearm.

Next Tuesday jurors will begin to hear evidence and argument about whether McGirth should be sentenced to death. They'll make a recommendation to Circuit Judge Brian Lambert.

Lambert ordered a presentencing investigation for Roberts, who faces the possibility of a life sentence on the robbery with a firearm conviction.

I've been pleased to have had two people who have posted on my site. One is family and one has known the family for decades. Both know that Sheila is guilty. The court may not be able to convict her, but her guilt is known. They jury must have known it.

UPDATE (2-14-08)

The guiltiest bastard will get the death penalty IF the judge approves. (Note: the jury split 11-1.)

ALSO:

Several longtime friends and family of Diana Miller told jurors the impact Miller's death at the hands of Renaldo McGirth had on their lives.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Florida I want to thank you for your awesome support and coverage of this horrific matter. I still feel the tables are going to turn on Sheila and according to what the family posted on pt. 5 they do too....
You Rock...Please keep us up to date.
Much Love~
"known them for 30"

2/09/2008 10:58 AM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Known: It's been my...well, pleasure if surely the wrong word here. I've felt an obligation to keep posting on this. I've known people like Sheila even in my own family. My gut told me she was a guilty party to this atrocity. I also know a little about the court system, and the liklihood of her being legally called to account is small. But I will always follow what happens in the future.

2/10/2008 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WELL I HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT SHEILA WILL SEE HER MAKER ONE DAY AND THAT WILL BE A TELL TELLING SIGN OF HER CORRUPT LIFE. YOU SEE I AM A FAMILY MEMBER WHO HAS KEPT VERY SILIENT OVER THIS HORRIBLE ORDEAL.I HAVE SEEN SOMEONE VERY CLOSE TO ME SUFFER OVER THIS. SHELIA YOU WILL PAY FOR WHAT WE ALL KNOW YOU HAD A HUGH PART IN. JUST WAIT TILL YOU ARE CALLED HOME TO GOD AND YOU HAVE TO ANSWER TO THE QUESTION WHY? YOU WILL BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY. YOU MAY HAVE GOTTEN AWAY FOR THE SHORT TERM BUT ETERNITY AWAITS YOU, THANK YOU FOR THIS UPDATE I WAS SITTING AT HOME AND THOUGHT I MIGHT TRY TO SEE WHAT HAS HAPPENED PLEASE KEEP US POSTED ON THE DEATH SENTECING.

4/08/2008 2:21 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

You're very welcome. I think I understand your feelings. I've had other updates, so see current posts and keep checking back.

4/10/2008 6:54 PM  
Blogger K.Mitchell #3 BHS said...

No one wants to see family members put to death. Renaldo "Poonie" McGirth just made a stupid mistake. And to the Miller Family: He is my first cousin and I know what he did was terribly wrong. Me and my family are all sorry and devestated of yours loss. It's not that he was caght up in the wrong things or anything, Renaldo just...messed up. All I want for him is not to get lethal injection. Just let him stay in jail and be punished. Let him wake up everyday knowing he's not going to ever see any of us again. It hurts me everyday knowing that my cousin, my friend, my blood is no longer out in the world, but instead, he's about to get executed. It hurts so bad...all I'm asking is...just let him live....and again we are very sorry.

1/04/2010 10:55 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

This is for K. Mitchell:

I'm sorry I've not responded to your post for so long.

It seemed very painful for you to acknowledge what your cousin did, and your love of family seems sincere. There really didn't seem anything more I could possibly add and I didn't want to say something stupid.

But I've felt guilty not responding and I'd like to tell you how much I respect your opinion and...I think...understand your pain and those who love your cousin. You're right, stupid mistakes of one person can cause a tsunami of pain and grief for others. This however was a horrendous action. I therefore cannot generate any sympathy for him.

Thank you for your heartfelt post.

6/22/2010 8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Sheila is dead and has met her maker, OD in North Carolina straight to hell she should go.

2/20/2017 9:33 AM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Hell seems appropriate, Anon.

8/17/2017 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home