.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Friday, February 01, 2008

I'm not a cut/run conservative or Republican

SO I will NOT be sitting out the November election regardless of the Republican candidate.

I've been disturbed to hear and read about so many Republicans and conservatives have said they would not vote for McCain under any circumstances. Hell, did Ann Coulter really say she would vote for Hillary first?

McCain is not my first, second or third choice for the nomination, but he has my vote if he's the candidate.

Why?

Because I know there is evil in the world.

Because I know the world is not perfect.

Because I know that a seat at the table is better than standing out in the cold.

Because I know that settling for 60% of what you know is important is better than getting 20%.

Only fools believe otherwise.

There's a lot of self-satifsfaction in taking your ball home when the game doesn't go your way. It is also childish.

And given the dangers in the world today, it is self-destructive.

And...damnit! haven't you paid attention to the last 2 Democrat debates, especially last night? After seeing Liberal A trying to be more dangerous to our economy and national security than Liberal B, you would be complicit by sitting on your ass?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home