.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Murder in The Villages-Justice Begins

This has been a long time coming.

OCALA - Two of the men charged in the July 21, 2006 murder of a woman and the kidnapping of her daughter in The Villages will face a jury on Monday, despite defense requests to postpone the trial.
*************
The police allege that the three men went to the home at 269 S.E. 179th Wesley St. in the The Villages to visit their friend Sheila Miller, 40. Once there, the men allegedly shot her mother, Diana Miller, 63, in the chest and head. Sheila Miller's father James Miller was shot in the head but he survived the robbery.

The men then allegedly kidnapped Sheila Miller and drove to a Gainesville mall and tried to use several ATM cash machines to get cash out on stolen credit cards. Marion County sheriff's deputies later arrested the men after a high-speed car chase.
*************
Defense lawyers requested more time to investigate certain aspects of their case, including Sheila Miller's background. They plan on painting her as the "mastermind" in the robbery, claiming that she wanted to get her parents' life insurance money. She has a history of drug use, alcohol use and fraud, at one point getting a credit card in her mother's name and charging more than $7,000, according to a sworn statement made by James Miller.
**************
Ferro told Lambert he was not ready for trial and also argued the defense should be allowed to question Sheila Miller without restrictions.

"She is the only witness that can testify that three men did A, B and C. If we can't fully attack her . . . . then let's just put a rope around the neck of these three men and hang 'em by the statue of the confederate soldier," Ferro said. (Hint-the 3 darlings are black. Such a nice touch, you lawyer scum.)

"This is not a simple case in the sense that you have multiple stories," he argued, later adding: I want to have the ability to put on a defense.Defense lawyers also argued they could not locate Sheila Miller until last week to interview her.

She had been at the Marion County Jail for some time on a bad check charge, and recently was tracked down at an abuse shelter in South Florida.

There has been conjecture that Sheila Miller was a willing party to this atrocity. Hell, her dad-also shot and near murdered at the same time-believes it. I believe it also, but I have no proof, just common sense. Sheila is quite a piece of work, as evidenced by bold face I've added.

Here's an interesting tidbit in the news article. Hawthorne's investigator found an Internet blog that suggested Sheila Miller was involved in the crime and includes intimate details of the incident. Hawthorne told the judge she wants to find the blogger to see if the person has any personal knowledge about the case.

Well, I've blogged on this three times before, but I know of nothing other than reported in the newspaper. So I know it's not me being looked for. But there have been at least one other blog that has had some real interesting stuff (check this one out-note a recent entry from a Star Banner reporter). However, it's obvious the defense team is grasping at straws to slow down justice. The murderous assault occurred in July 2006 for Chrissakes! Get on with it.

Expect the obligatory crying mother and family members swearing these 3 little angels couldn't have done this. And if they did, it wasn't their fault. It was that junkie white woman. Hell of a defense you got there Sparky.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a member of the Miller family and I thank you for your comments. It seems like nothing is being done and the case just keeps being pushed back. Again...Now they are supposed to go to trial Jan 22,08! We need justice so that Diana can rest in peace and the family can have closure.

10/30/2007 5:56 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Well, anonymous, I hope justice has finally begun its long trek. Anyone with a brain knows that Sheila can not be an innocent party to this. We all make choices and our choices must be lived with. It seems she never took responsiblity for her actions, so it seems doubtful she will start now. I hope you and the rest of the family can eventually find more peace.

10/30/2007 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the blogger you are looking for?
"Known Them For 30 Years" ?

11/02/2007 7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To The Family Member...I am sure you know me, and that I know you. I only hope that SHEILA will be out of your life and that Diana can rest in peace and that Jim will manage to get by without his beloved wife.
"known them for 30 years"

11/02/2007 7:22 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Although I'm not the one looking for you, thanks "known them" for your comments. You and "family member" are so much involved and I can feel just how much this atrocity has affected you both. It does seem that the Star Banner reporter really wants to speak with you. It's strange her email address isn't working.

11/02/2007 10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes this atrocity has not only affected myself, but my daughter whom the Miller's were surrogate grandparents to her.
I am willing to help in any way to get Sheila convicted, her credibility is shot, I only hope that I can make a difference so no one else has to go through this kind of nightmare.
I know the reporter is trying to reach me and I finally was able to get an email off to her. It also seems one of the attorney's investigators want to speak to me as well.
I will say this: If anyone would like to know the REAL Sheila Miller, please feel free to leave a comment with an email and I will be more than happy to contact you. Both The Miller's and H-side of the family need closure. I haven't talked to Jim in quite a while, I only hope he is doing well. I am going to attempt to make it down there at some point.
"right in florida" I thank you for your kind words. Yes I sit up at night thinking about Jim and Diana. God I miss them so much. It was just a couple of years ago that they flew my daughter down to Lady Lake for a spring break visit. And that was the last time she saw Diana.

11/03/2007 5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jim has not been doing well. Sometimes I think the lawyers are trying to drag out the trial in hopes that Jim won't be alive for the trial. He has been in the hospital on and off since the incident. Yes, I hope they also get Sheila because I believe they ALL were in this together.

11/06/2007 4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They most definately ARE in it together. I would like to talk to Jim, although due to the move and number change I cannot reach him. He called me after this horrific day.
God I am so sorry to hear he is not doing well, but I kind of expected that. I so want to get down to Florida to see him, I miss him dearly....If you talk to him, tell him "WEINIE" says hello and wants to get in contact with him. He will know who it is.
"known them for 30 years"

11/07/2007 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her former boyfriend Kevin MYKOLAITIS:

http://www.state.mi.us/mdoc/asp/otis2profile.asp?mdocNumber=191648

11/20/2007 11:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The justice system here in Marion County is horrible! My ex husband just got away w/ violating a restraining order, by bringing in fake witnesses (his mother and a friend) the state attorney did not do her job in providing evidence or questioning my ex and his witnesses. But he was being sued by the state and I was seen as only a witness in the case. The violation was done 8/07,the file sat on the judges desk for 2 1/2 mon. He was then arrested and he denied the plea and requested a trial so, a total of 4 mon passed to sit and hear people make up their own stories of me and of the incident. Its is sad that his own daughter knows the truth, but her statement cannot be used in court. Good luck with seeing justice in the case for Mrs. Miller I believe her daughter set all of this up and needs to be in prison w/ those men. But like his attorney he may lie and bring people in the case that was not involved.

12/12/2007 9:16 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Anonymous, I'm sorry your experience with our justice system was horrible. Sometimes there is no justice except at the point of a gun. I hope your case doesn't call for that.

12/20/2007 8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheila was released from jail in July 2009 after being convicted of passing bad checks. She had a baby while in jail. The little girl is now nine months old. The poor baby doesn't stand a chance with a mother like that.

9/04/2009 9:17 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Thanks for the update, Anon.

People like Sheila should never be parents. She'll be a lousy mother, to be sure. But then, she really stank at being a daughter.

9/05/2009 10:29 AM  
Blogger anonymous64 said...

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I have Sheila and her baby with me, in another state,I went and got them last week, she was in an abused women shelter. Her boyfriend had beaten her. The baby is absolutely beautiful. She has her grandpa's big beautiful blue eyes. As far as saying the baby doesn't stand a chance, and that she will be a lousy mother that is not true. Sheila is trying really hard, she has passed all of the drug tests they have given her, she signed up for parenting classes, which she does need, but I am here for the baby and Sheila. I am going to make sure that the precious little one is taken care of. I knew Sheila in Florida,we were friends at first really close until the drugs interferred. Yes I got mixed up in the drug thing, but I had more sense than to let it ruin me. I left July 6, 2006. It was the best thing I could have ever done. I am in school again and will graduate in May 2010, with my Associates in Applied Science. I will be a histotechnologist. As far as Sheila having something to do with her parents tradgedy, only her and God know the truth. I hope and pray that she didn't cause she will have to answer to God for it. She is going to church and is going to have the baby baptised. I will do whatever it takes to make sure that Taylor (the baby) has the best that she can. I have only been around for the last week, but am already attached to the little princess, and she loves me too! Sheila does love her baby very much and is really trying to be a good mommy, and Taylor loves her mommy too!! I just say my prayers everynight and leave it in God's hands, cause if nobody else can help her God can and will!!

9/08/2009 12:27 PM  
Blogger Sheila's real best friend said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/10/2009 5:54 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Sorry, "Sheila's real best friend" but I have to delete your comment. It had a little too much personal information. I do appreciate your level of passion though.

9/11/2009 8:58 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

And "anonymous 64" that's quite a burden you've taken on. I expect there will be lots of heartache. I hope you're strong enough.

9/11/2009 9:01 PM  
Blogger anonymous64 said...

I would really like to talk to the blogger that has known Sheila and family for ovr 30 years. I tried to do a good thing... however Sheila is PLAIN WHITE TRASH. She has lost her baby to the state. I am soo glad I went to Fl. to get them, I think it was God's plan all along. He knew that this precious little one was going to need someone to take care of her love her and keep her safe! The state has placed her in my care. I have had her this time since Feb. 22, 2010. I had her as well in Jan. 2010 for about 3 weeks. Sheila is not allowed to see her as ordered by the judge. Thank God. I could write a book on the events of Sheila Miller, since Sept 2009. There is alot!!!! Lets just say the local police dept. knows her personally!! She has been in jail 3 times since Feb. The last time was for public intoxication, disturbance, and panhandling I believe. Oh, and she is also homeless I heard she is living in gthe homeless shelter. I AM COMPLETELY DONE WITH HER. I would really like to talk to the anonymous blogger, I think know who you are, by hearing Sheila talk about you WEINIE, and I believe you have a daughter named Lauren? Oh, by the way Sheila said she raised Lauren, because you were a drug addict!!! Imagine that, She is a real piece of work. OHHH, She also got a credit card in her daughters name... A 12 MONTH OLD! I'll write more details later, but you were right it was a big burden taqking Sheila in, but I am not sorry for the baby's sake. She is absolutely precious. She calls me mommy! I Love her! Please get in touch with me, my e-mail is lovejesus6488@yahoo.com, thank you and have a Blessed day.

6/21/2010 8:30 AM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

To anonymous 64:

The information you've provided seems to good for me to check right now. And you've put a lot of personal info that I'm hesitant to leave. But I will for now.

6/22/2010 8:25 PM  
Blogger anonymous64 said...

Hello, I am writing again to ask for the anonymous blogger to please get in touch with me!! I know you were close to Sheila's mom and dad. I REALLY NEED TO TALK TO YOU!! I still have Taylor. I go back to court in Nov., hopefully this time the judge will grant me guardianship of her. Sheila is still homeless. And she doesn't care about Taylor, all she cares about is what she can get from having her. She was trying to get her back just to spite me, knowing how attached and how much I love Taylor. She don't realize how much she it would hurt her daughter, Me and my family is the only family that baby knows. We are her family, her support, and she has a structured, routine, and loving life with my family. I pray to God every night that he keeps her from Sheila, because if she was with her that poor child would not have a chancre at life. Again if you read this PLEASE GET IN TOUCH WITH ME! My e-mail address is lovejesus6488@yahoo.com. Thank you so much for your time and God Bless.

9/10/2010 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home