.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Charity Now

What's that, you ask?

Well, I'm trying to reach beyond myself again.

I'm on a charitable organization committee that determines which charity get how much money.

So much need, so much less money.

So I get to evaluate the financial needs of each organization, but mostly I get to pick apart their applications and financial conditions. You know, financial statements and tax returns. That's right, the fun stuff.

It's important and a good use of my (supposedly) free time. But it really sucks up a lot of time. If I believed in heaven I might think of it as a way in. But since I don't (well, not much, but I do believe in hell-isn't that odd?) I guess I'll try to find a warm feeling in the here and now.

No, it's really not bad. Just bitching.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home