.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

"Cut and Run Conservatives"

That's what Rush Limbaugh (deservedly) calls the week-kneed supposed conservatives who are throwing such a childish tantrum. Right now our warriors are fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan to defend us, and these babies are threatening to make it for nothing.

Silliness! There are true enemies against us, and none are Republicans. I've been disgusted and pissed about some actions of President Bush and many Senate Republicans. But that is unimportant.

I will crawl through broken glass, naked, in order to vote for every Republican on the ballot. I know what is important.

The rest is infantile crap.

4 Comments:

Blogger antimedia said...

You're right, of course, (no pun intended) but I certainly hope you don't have to crawl through broken glass naked to vote. I know elections have been weird down there in Florida, but they can't be that bad, can they?

BTW, I'm a pretty independent voter, having voted for Independents, Libertarians, Democrats and Republicans. This year, for the first time in my life, I'm seriously considering voting a straight Republican ticket. I'm THAT pissed at the Democrats.

The only thing holding me back is a cranky streak that wants to vote for Kinky Friendman for Governor, just because I like to poke the eye of the professional politicians whenever I can. :-)

10/25/2006 12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speakin' of "pokin'":

Charlie Crist gets outed ... by another gay republican. What is wrong with the republicans in Florida? Sheesh. Seems the gov candidate is alledged to like it Jeff Gannon style.

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/Issues/2006-10-19/news/norman_print.html

10/25/2006 8:43 AM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Antimedia, you're right about Florida...we do have some weird elections here. And like you I used to vote across party lines. But then 2000 happened and I promised to never again reward Democrats for their atrocious behavior. One of which was trying to get armed forces ballots tossed out.

But I gotta confess, I'm glad I'm not in Texas because Kinky Friendman just might get my vote, for the reason you stated.

10/25/2006 7:56 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

And anonymous, I don't think I'd give much credence to the Broward-Palm Beach New Times. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Crist is gay. It wouldn't change my decision to vote for the best candidate...and that's him.

10/25/2006 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home