.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Election Update

I made my choices and I stand by them.

Voted for Charlie Crist because he and I are on the same page on most important issues. I respect Gallagher, regardless of potential ethical lapses. Frankly, it's only a significant issue because he's a Republican. I respect him also for campaigning with Crist and Gov Bush. Gallagher obviously knows what's important.

Voted for Katherine Harris. She's not the candidate I would have chosen to run for Senate. However, I've respected her since 2000 election. She had more balls than any Democrat and too many Republicans. This was reinforced this year when so many other good candidates refused to run against the incumbent. She waited, but when wuss after wuss declined to run, why not her? I wish she had stayed in Congress for a couple more terms, but she's shown courage in her bid. Will McBride may have been the better choice, but he's not yet been tried by fire. Harris has been. She deserves her chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home