.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Been visiting

Spent the past few days with my mother. She turns 72 today. Yes, since I just turned 55, that makes her 17 years older than I. She got married less than a month after she turned 16, and had me 11 months later, still 16 and just 8 days shy of her 17th birthday.

She says she has never had regrets for marrying and having children so young. However, she insisted that her two daughters wouldn't be able to date until they turned 16. Both waited until their (very) early 20s before marrying.

I started my visit this past Saturday and returned home yesterday afternoon. I hardly left her side. Whatever she wanted to do, we did. Whereever she wanted to go, we went. It was fun, but she is so active I need a rest.

My mother married young and became a widow pretty young. My dad died 10+ years ago when my mom was 61. She's got a 'boyfriend' and they seem happy. That's all I need to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home