.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Richard Pryor-Dead at 65

There's lots of thoughts about Richard Pryor and his career in the media and on a lot of blogs I read. Common thoughts are about his movies and how they were hit or miss. No one I've read has yet mentioned his first movie. Well, at least what I think was his first movie.

It was "Wild in the Streets" made in the late 60s and was about a very near future America in which people over 30 were put in concentration camps and kept on acid. The new president was a rocker who got the youth vote, I think after the voting age was lowered considerable. The acting was so-so and yet the movie was very cool (though stupid) for its time and I still remember parts of it. Big holes in the plot of course, but hell I was in my teens, so the thought of sex, drugs and rock n' roll was very acceptable. Loved the music and bought the album, which has long since been lost.

Pryor played a black panther-type dude who was part of the presidential administration. Small part, but he was dangerously cool.

Update

Just got off my ass and looked up this movie on the internet. Yep, pretty much like I remembered this 1968 movie. Richard Pryor didn't get star billing, but he and Chris Jones made this a memorable, if dated, movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home