.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Some of my favorite songs

Maybe too much personal info, but:
Some of the songs I like (no particular order). I've linked to You Tube, so the links may not last.

Pat Metheny - Last Train Home
Dar Williams - The Christians and the Pagans
Gary Newman - Cars
Kim Carnes - Betty Davis Eyes
Police - Every Breath You Take
Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis
Bryan Adams - Cuts Like a Knife
George Jones - He Stopped Loving Her Today
Randolph Michaud - He Stopped Loving Her Today (another good interpretation)
Enigma - Return to Innocence (interesting video take)
Suzanne Vega - Luka
Procul Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale (original version)
Procul Harum - Whiter Shade of Pale (later live version)
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
The Nightcrawlers - The Little Black Egg (ok, can't find actual version, but this is funny)
Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams
Bertie Higgins - Key Largo
Allman Brothers - Melissa
Melissa Manchester - Midnight Blue
Lou Gramm - Midnight Blue (of course not the same as Melissa's)
George Strait - Amarillo by Morning
Marshall Tucker - Can't You See
Charlie Daniels - Long Haired Country Boy
Tom Petty and Heartbreakers - Rebels

There are so many others, but these are a few I know are on the web, now at least.

Yeah, I know that I just pissed away an hour or so finding these. But I've enjoyed this eclectic hunt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Trashahassee said...

It sure is fun finding old songs on the Web, ain't it?

Those are all good songs.

Walkin' in Memphis -- For years I wondered what he was saying in the line "Walkin' with my feet 10 feet off of Beale." The only way I found out was looking up the lyrics on the Web, too.

BFF,
Miss T

6/21/2007 12:09 AM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

You're right, Miss T. I did enjoy it. I sometimes look up lyrics to songs that I was sure I knew and have been really surprised. Sometimes they were deeper than I thought, but too often were even more banal. Sometimes it's better not knowing. But some, such as Whiter Shade of Pale, I knew were just words essentially thrown together. Still enjoy listening though, because the song evokes emotions. One of my favorites is Little Black Egg, but I can't find original version.

Thanks for stopping by, Miss T.

6/29/2007 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home