.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The adventures of Mr/Mrs Right

Yeah, well it's not all boring.

I've had a number of new projects that just fell into my lap. Okay, maybe they were pushed. Anyway, they've been (mostly) enjoyable, though they keep me busy...AND I'm getting further behind on the projects I still have in the hopper. (I know what a hamster on a wheel feels like. C'mon comet!!)

Last week I traveled to Tallahassee on one of the projects. Met some nice state government folks. And no, they didn't have anything to do with the Fla Dept of Corrections. Anyways, I escaped with my reputation relatively intact. There's also been days when I've met with local govt elected officials. Frankly I prefer my politicians local. There's much less of Dem vs Rep. Always nice.

I've been training a new employee and she's coming along good. I have reasonable hopes that she will allow me some breathing room.

Now for Mrs Right. She's been involved with the judicial system. As a juror, that is. She was called for jury selection again, but this time they selected her for a criminal trial. Silly bastards! They got a juror who can think. Well, the system survived and is the better for her service.

That's it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home