.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just Venting

Well, I've been going through the medical merry-go-round for the past several days. I had an annual physical last Wednesday, which was scheduled for 2 months after I had lots of lab work done. My doc wanted to see if I had enough blood or something. The thing is, when I met her, the lab results had been lost so I couldn't find out just how healthy I really am. They would try to find the results and I could come back (probably for another visit co-pay).

Oh, I had an ekg (which was good and normal) and a prostate physical exam (which wasn't so much fun) and she tells me it's slightly enlarged but otherwise okay. Apparently that's supposed to mean something, like she wants to put me on medication. I refused.

Then I get a chest xray (more later).

I now have to have a new battery of blood lab work. No big deal, it's just another thing to have to fit in a schedule.

She also set me up for a heart sonogram, which I had today. Second one in 3 years, 'cause I had a slightly enlarged heart (I sense a pattern) back then so she wants to be sure I'm still okay.

I got a call on Monday that the xray caused some concern and now I need to go to a specialized diagnostic firm to some more. Another thing to have to do.

Strange, 2 weeks ago I had lots of work to do, but I was feeling okay. Now it looks like I'm falling apart.

Aging definitely isn't for sissies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Trashahassee said...

Hope everything's OK!

BFF,
Miss T

4/10/2007 11:23 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Why thankee, ma'am.

Yep, things are (mostly) okay. Well, except the important test results aren't back yet.

4/12/2007 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home