.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm about 45 minutes from Gainesville, Fla

There's been a lot excitement today about some sporting event.

Anyone know what happened?

2 Comments:

Blogger antimedia said...

Oh, I can fill you in. The Florida Gators kicked the Ohio State Buckeyes' asses and won the National Championship in the process.

1/12/2007 1:18 AM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Oh! So that's what it was. That would explain the UF Gator T-shirts that every one was wearing at work.

Frankly, I communicate daily with friends working in UF and in Gainesville. And I know you wouldn't guess, but there's lots of Gator alumni in Florida. And do they ever talk about Gator sports! Kinda hard to act interested for that long.

I went to Florida State for 2 years back in the dark ages, when the Seminoles went 3-8 and 0-11. Although I didn't really care for the Gators, I never deny winners their due.

1/19/2007 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home