.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Fathers' Day

I've never had children (of the human kind) but I had a wonderful father. He died about 9 years ago after a long illness. He kept his humor and religion right to the end and died with his family around him. Well, almost all his family. I wasn't there. I wish I had been. But I still feel his presence when I visit his grave. My father loved his wife, his children and his God. He died without any regrets for what might have been. He did the best he could, which is all anyone should want. Happy Father's Day, Dad. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home