.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Quick thoughts - Immigration

Above post is from Orlando Sentinel. Frankly, I think the number that the organizers are so proud of (30,000) is a sign of how weak the "rally" really was. A lawyer is quoted as: "The Hispanic community is energized," he said. "I think it's important to show our support." Yeah, and American values and law are under attack, but don't dare do anything about it.

I still (mostly) support President Bush's plan, but it's getting harder.

However, it is still amnesty and it annoys me that my president wants me to pretend otherwise.

I'm still pissed that Bush called patriotic American citizens "vigilantes."

Legal immigration - good

Illegal immigration - bad

Logic exercise:
"Illegal Immigrant" is to "Guest Worker"
in same way as
"Burglar" is to "House Guest"

Employers who willfully employ illegal immigrants should be prosecuted
UNLESS
The feds will henceforth decline to prosecute business tax cheats

2 Comments:

Blogger Oberon said...

.......what is the most important thing?

5/01/2006 7:12 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

I don't think I remember.

5/01/2006 8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home