.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Do not take a vacation

Wow, I took 2 days off to make a long weekend to visit with my mother. I then had to make up 2 weeks of work in the past 4 days. Now how the hell does that happen? Vacation days are so much shorter than work days, I realize, but really, this is ridiculous!

But do I learn? Hell, no!

I'm taking off this next week to work on my "honey-do" list. I'm looking forward to it. Even though I know that there will be at least one month's worth of work waiting when I return.

But it will be worth it.

One problem...Mrs. Right wants me to stay off computer. She means for work purposes, but this will probably include blogging. Don't know if I can do that. But if I can keep from blogging, I will stay in touch with my favorite blog sites: Media Lies and Florida Cracker and Florida Masochist and A Cool Change.

Update 5/25/06
Doyle, from A Cool Change, dropped by with good advice on two matters: vacations and my blog sidebar. I'm great at taking advice, but just horrible with the follow through.

4 Comments:

Blogger doyle said...

Please try to explain to Mrs. Right that while you're on vacation you will cut down on computer time, except for updating your blog, particularly the sidebar.

When she looks at you like you've lost your mind (or figuring out what would be the best place on your head to smack her rolling pin) let her know that you're working on hurricane preparation. And RiF? No, I'm not joking.

Look at my sidebar. I discovered by accident in 2004 (even before I started blogging) that when it comes to hurricanes, the BEST reporting before, during and after comes from bloggers, particularly those in Florida when Florida's affected.

"Bou" even developed a map last year and posted it showing where in Florida bloggers were reporting, and later even critiqued MREs. (Which is why I'm buying EXTRA canned goods this year.)

Take a look.

5/25/2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

Thanks for the advice, Doyle, on doing a better vacation. Mrs. Right really, I mean, REALLY hates the time I spend on it for business and personal.

And you're right about my sidebar. It was pathetic when I started over a year ago and it's not improved much. I'll try to do it and your site is a great example of how to do it. I have to tell you, though, I'm one heck of a procrastinator.

5/25/2006 7:41 PM  
Blogger doyle said...

If you don't get a chance to, you've already got links to Florida Cracker (who's live-blogged one hurricane), Florida Masochist and me and our sidebars.

What more do you need?!!! If one of isn't making fun of Geraldo tilting sideways in hurricane force winds, somebody we've linked will be.

5/26/2006 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work space pod egg chair Cancer de piel

4/25/2007 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home