.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Air conditioning - gift from the gods

My central air conditioning has been out for several days. But this morning a very nice man came by and fixed it. Frankly I expected to be screwed and being told I had to replace something really expensive.

But no! Instead, part of my faith in my fellow man has been restored.

The kind, gentle, perfect speciman of a human being opened up the compressor and found...a bug had screwed up a connection. (Bugs in Florida...who knew?) That was it! Cleaned it right up, cranked up the ol' AC and checked out other components and said...that's all. Just a service call. I was expecting $2,400, was hit for less than $100.

The air is back on, I'm on vacation and I'm taking Mrs. Right out for a very late lunch.

Life is good and, right now, pretty damn cool.