.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Wow, been one of those days

Started off at the doctor's office for a blood letting. The half gallon (I'm estimating) will be analyzed to determine just how many years (months?) I will live. Well, I'm just guessing. I'll get the results next week, at the same time of my annual full physical. However, I'm pretty sure I'll be told that I have the health and physique of a 65 year old man. However, I'm not quite 55. Should be interesting.

Well of course my appointment was only an estimated time, as far as the doctor was concerned. Trouble is, I was scheduled to attend a United Way committee meeting at 8:30 am. Needless to say, I was a little late. Then the fun began. United Way, like so many worthwhile organizations, rely upon volunteers. So about a dozen of us toured agencies requesting funding for FY 2007. So we visiting 4 agencies today, which took 5 hours. Oh, yeah, I also had to go to work and perform my job. Life can be a bitch, you betcha.

Look, I'm only kidding. This is very worthwhile and I'm pleased to do this. So much so that I'll do it again this Thursday and next Thursday. It'll take about 16 hours, plus another 4 in meetings, but it's worth it. And you find out just what it means to be in need. Makes your petty crap seem like, well, petty crap.