.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Whiny Conservatives - A Re-Post - From BEFORE the Miers Nomination

I posted the foll0wing on 9/16/05, well before President nominated Ms. Miers for the Supreme Court. Not only has the situation NOT IMPROVED, it's gotten worse...and more maddening. As I recently commented to antimedia at Media Lies: "I can't help feeling as if I'm witnessing a circular firing squad by conservatives. It has been strange to watch how quickly and thoroughly so many commentators have abandoned the President. There will be many regrets in the future, I fear."

Although this screed occurred after Hurricane Katrina, when conservatives were sounding and acting like losers, it's become even worse. I mean, even then, many were complaining about Chief Justice Roberts nomination and how it wasn't a lock that he would be a conservative on the bench. Now there's non-stop bitching about the Miers pick. There is a point when sounding like a loser becomes a factual condition. You don't win at any game when you brawl with your teammates and especially the team captain. Anyway, here's that original post.

Conservatives Are Becoming a Whiny Bunch...and Sounding Like Losers (9/16/05)

I've noticed and grown completely tired of the whining of my fellow conservatives when it comes to most things President has recently done or hasn't done. Too many of my favorite bloggers and conservative commentators have been, individually and as a group, participating in a whine-fest since Hurricane Katrina. We don't need liberals, leftists or Democrats (yeah, I'm being redundant); we are our own enemies. Yes, I know "we" say we're being fair and that therefore we're better than liberals, et al, because we criticize our own. But I don't think "we" are being fair. We are far along on the road to becoming losers.

Christ, suck it up guys! There's a vital struggle for America's future going on.

This is not a classroom debate or parlor game. While you're second-guessing the decisions and parsing every statement and examining the minutiae, how about doing it in an evenhanded and supportive way? That would still make us so much better...and more honest...than liberals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home