.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

More on Miers and Conservatives

I've read and responded to a post on Media Lies, where antimedia really lays out what I also believe. At the risk of acting like a troll, I want to repeat my comments here.

Conservatives and Republicans shouldn't be kool-aid drinkers like the libs and Democrats were about Clinton. However, the rapid decline in the level of discourse among conservatives has been so wrong. We must change this before we hand the libs another victory. Frankly, I thought President Bush would nominate an acknowledged conservative/strict constructionist. Certainly one that I'd heard of from reading so many clued in conservative commentators. Well, I don't know that he didn't nominate a very good candidate. So I'm more than willing to await the senatorial inquisition that is such an atrocious, yet probably permanent, part of advise and consent.

UPDATE (10/14/05)

Mullings (Rich Galen) also had a thoughtful take (usual for him) on his site in a post dated 10/5/05.