.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Monday, January 21, 2013

I'm an un-hyphenated American



I was discussing political and social issues with someone who often disagrees with me. That's cool. But I was overheard by someone who chose to kibitz. She says that I must be a liberal based on what she heard. Actually she said Progressive, but that's just because Liberals don't like being called that.

I said well, let's continue with what I think. Within a few minutes she said I was definitely a libertarian. I said I had enough self knowledge to know that's often just a way to not to say you're a conservative. Like liberals who preen as progressives.

I logically call myself conservative because there are the 2 broad categories and I'm not a liberal. Even though some conservative acquaintances have disagreed, I'm comfortable with classification.

I'm an un-hyphenated American who thinks other Americans should not hate their country.

I respect our military but didn't serve when I had the chance.

I rarely go to church but I respect those who do.

I'm pro choice in many areas but understand those who differ and who often have the better moral argument than mine.

I'm for decriminalizing most illegal drugs, and taxing and controlling them, but there must be enforcement so long as alcohol and cigarettes are treated as evil substances.

I'm an ex-smoker but I don't like smokers to have to segregated to the backs of buildings and treated as pariahs in public places.

Stay out of my business and I'll stay out of yours. Don't mess with me and mine and do the same with you and yours.

Leave my guns alone if I'm not a criminal. Hell, even if I am a criminal who's paid my dues.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home