.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Sunday, June 06, 2010

Did I Miss It?

I mean, today is June 6th, right?

D-Day remembrance, right?

I've been busy this morning and just had a chance to turn on the computer...and the television...and looked at the local newspaper.

Apparently I'm wrong.  Hell, the History Channel has had a weekend of ice bound truckers (or something) but nothing about the hellish memories and incredible sacrifices that were made in June 6, 1944.

Maybe I'm wrong and don't remember well.  Hell, I am getting on in years.

But I choose to remember.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat Austin Becker said...

I had the exact same experience/thought. Not one single word in my local paper.

*Linked*

6/06/2010 1:51 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

I find it so hard to believe that "we've" become so blase about such a world-changing event, Pat. I just don't get it. Nothing in the newspaper...nothing about veteran's groups, etc.

6/07/2010 8:59 PM  
Blogger RightinFlorida said...

And Pat, I much prefer your posting on this subject.

6/07/2010 8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home