.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Right In Florida

Motto: This is what happens when Insanity and Banality come together.

Name:
Location: North Central Florida, United States

I'm an aging boomer, white male (cue scary music); not religious, mostly conservative. Married to the same woman forever. No kids-by choice (I believe in personal choice in most areas of life). Voted mostly Republican until November 2000 when the national Democrats tried to steal the election in Florida. I promised to never again vote for another Democrat; kept that promise to date.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Florida Legislature will be in session

It's that time of year...again. The Florida Legislature will meet in general session on Tuesday. So, like all governments, watch out for your wallet.

Of course, this seems like Groundhog Day, the movie. There's been so many fiscal problems over the past year, the Legislature or just the leaders have been much in the news. And none of the news has been good so far. I don't think the chain will be broken.

Raise taxes, cut expenditures...it's all a crap shoot. Let's just say that I don't have a lot of confidence that any decisions made will fix any problem. But then I'm an optimistic pessimist...which means I expect the worst, so I'm often pleasantly surprised.

Update to previous post:

In a previous post on cigarette taxes, I mentioned a post on the Babalu blog.

Well, here's another post by George Moneo that will update you on this likely action. Now George is a current smoker, and I haven't had a smoke in over 22 years. But we're both conservative and are on the same page regarding "sin" taxes.

Let me remind all of you conservatives who are non-smokers and who preach to me that this is a good thing: You are deluded. Regardless of your position on tobacco, if you care about liberty, call your representative and urge them to vote against the proposed tax increase. Once they get one of their hands in my pocket, their other hand will be searching for yours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home